Monday 16 October 2017

Day 10

The next 2 days were transit days as I made my way from the US to Kazakhstan. It's not a common route so I had to use transfers and it just happened to work out that London was the most affordable. Now I could have returned home but I chose not to do that so I stayed in a hotel close to the airport. I did think about grabbing a taxi and going to Thorpe Park close by as I still have to visit the Derren Brown Ghost Train VR attraction but by the time I'd gotten out of the airport and having checked the website for queue times I'd have been cutting it very fine so I dropped it. Why Merlin parks close so early on weekends I have no idea. I will get to it another time.




Denver Airport has some incredible murals which I know keeps some conspiracists entertained. They're worth looking for before going through the gates.


This depressed me a little bit. The TSA, and some other countries, introduced a paid fast-track experience called TSAPre. They proudly claim that people who sign up to that can get through the security checks in 5 minutes. There's also Global Traveller which gets you back into the country quicker, again for a fee. This clear thing is a private company making it's mark on this fast track nonsense, for an even higher premium. I just can't get my head around how paying for any of this makes me less of a risk to the flights or the security of the other passengers. It's almost saying if you're willing to pay us we'll trust you not to do anything bad. It's wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment